Senior Project Engineer
Senior Project Engineer
Stratum Logics Inc. is a Western Canadian Civil Engineering Company who has been providing superior and innovative access solutions to the resource sector and government. It has been our mandate and focus to provide unique and innovative products and services to the Industrial and Commercial Markets (e.g. oil & gas, energy, mining, forestry, construction industries) as well as the municipal, county, provincial and federal public roadways sector. Our mandate is to provide a more environmentally friendly alternative and reliable engineering solutions while delivering economic value to our clients.
As a part of the Stratum team, you will apply your previous experience combined with the latest technology in geosynthetics and road construction to design and manage structural components of each project. By ensuring proper codes and regulations are followed and monitored you will assist Stratum in leading innovation for access solutions. We are seeking a Senior Project Engineer to join our team.
In this role, your main responsibilities will be:
- Make structural pavement design and geometric road design with and without geosynthetic reinforcement.
- Design heavy haul roads, loading areas and pad sand soil stabilization and also associated retaining walls and slope protection work.
- Design geotechnical investigation plans, if required. Analyze and interpret geotechnical data for structural pavement design and load support applications.
- Prepare design specifications, drawings, models and related calculations.
- Design the projects and furnish design details for the draftsman to prepare drawings.
- Coordinate details between the construction work at the project and the original design developed; track any changes.
- Assist in the preparation of Issued for Approval (IFA) and Issued for Construction (IFC) drawings along with Construction Work Packages.
- Prepare and assist in preparation of project proposals and cost estimation.
- Prepare quantity take off, project proposals and schedules and assist in preparing quotes.
- Visit construction sites at different stages of project development, collect necessary data for design and if instructed review QA/QC work during and after construction.
- Represent Stratum Logics and participate in industry tradeshows, conferences and business functions.
- Liaise with clients and stakeholders as required.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
As a successful candidate for this position, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Master’s in Geotechnical Engineering would be considered an asset.
- Project Management skills would be considered an asset.
- 5 years of working experience in pavement engineering and/or geotechnical engineering and/or earthwork related construction work.
- Knowledge of geosynthetics and construction in a cold climate.
- Professional member of APEGA or ability to become one within 3 months.
- Highway and city road geometric and pavement design and/or construction experience – asphalt, concrete and gravel pavements.
- Profound knowledge of pavement and road design (alignments, geometrics, staging, utilities, roadside safety, documents and constructability).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and other computer based design packages and be an expert in Civil 3D.
- Proven ability to use mathematical reasoning to solve problems.
- Critical thinking skills to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approach to problems.
- Complex problem-solving skills to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under strict deadlines and set schedules.
- Potential to perform in a lead/supervisor capacity.
- Willingness to travel to various job sites for extended and irregular hours as required by the job (may include up to three weeks stay on site at a time).
If you are looking for the opportunity to work with people who think like you do – and people who don’t – then we should get together.
At Stratum, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Send us your cover letter, resume to email@example.com
Stratum Logics is an equal opportunity employer. Thank you for your interest; however, only interviewees will be contacted.